Roasted Vegetable Purée with Truffle Oil
- 1 leek
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 cup of fresh green beans
- 2 carrots
- 4 Yukon potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of sea salt
- Truffle oil to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and clean the leek thoroughly and 1/4 the onion. Slice carrots into 1/4 inch slices. Chop the potatoes into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Place all vegetables on baking sheet covered with foil. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and toss.
- Roast the vegetables at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes until vegetables are soft and slightly browned.
- Purée roasted vegetables in a food processor. Stir through a tablespoon of truffle oil.
- When serving, drizzle truffle oil on top.
Spanish-style Spiced Almonds
- 1 cup blanched almonds (Maracona almonds are best but any blanched whole almonds will do.)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon course sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sautée almonds in olive oil on low heat for 15 or 20 minutes or until browned.
- Season with sea salt and smoked paprika.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- As an alternative, skip the paprika and toss with fresh rosemary.
Goat Cheese with Honey and Lavender
- 4 oz. of soft goat cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of honey and a bit for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon dried culinary lavender and a pinch for garnish
- In a small food processer add the goat cheese and honey and pulse for a few seconds.
- Stir in the dried lavender by hand.
- Put into a dipping bowl and drizzle with honey a pinch of lavender.
- This dip is especially good on crusty toast with thin green apple slices.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 small white or yellow onion
- 1/2 of a lime
- 1 ripe tomato chopped
- kosher salt
- Mash a ripe avocado in a medium sized bowl. Add 1 small garlic clove diced or pressed.
- Add one chopped onion and stir the mixture. Squeeze 1/2 of a lime into the bowl and mix thoroughly but gently. Add the chopped red tomato and mix through. Add kosher salt to taste and mix again. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Many people like to add chopped fresh cilantro to taste.
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips or baby carrots.
Merisella Tapenade for Tapas Party
- 2 medium size cloves of garlic peeled
- 1 cup of pitted kalamata olives
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- 3 Tablesoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- Combine all Ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a paste forms.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Serve as a dip with crackers or crusty bread.