A beautiful way to serve dessert to your guests is with individual-sized Zabaglione and berries! Use Winterberry ramekins to make this a sweet holiday treat!
Zabaglione with Berries
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet vermouth
- 1/2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- Vanilla extract
- 1 pound berries
- fresh mint
- Place egg yolks, and sugar in the top of a double broiler, mix to combine.
- Add grated lemon peel, a drop of vanilla extract, and the sweet vermouth to the yolk mixture.
- Half fill the bottom of the double broiler with water, bring the water to a simmer and reduce the heat to low (do not let water come to a boil).
- Set the pan with custard mixture over the simmering water.
- Continuously whisk the custard for about 10 minutes, until it thickens.
- Pour into individual ramekins and top with berries and fresh mint.