Wiley WitchPfaltzgraff 2010 Calendar
October Featured Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup each water and white corn syrup
- 10 drops green food coloring
- 8 drops yellow food coloring
- 7 cups popped corn
- shoestring licorice for hair
- chocolate ice cream cone for hat
- frosting for eyes
- cashew for nose
- mini marshmallow for teeth
Combine sugar, water, corn syrup and food coloring in medium saucepan. Over low heat, stir until sugar is dissolved. Cook without stirring to 252 degrees (a little dropped into water forms a hard ball).
Fold in 7 cups popped corn. Cool slightly. With buttered hands, shape into 6 balls.
Top with licorice shoestring hair and a chocolate ice cream cone hat. Our face uses frosting eyes, a cashew nose and mini marshmallow teeth. Trick and treat!