Summer’s Best Mixed GrillPfaltzgraff 2012 Calendar
July Featured Recipe
A mixed grill traditionally includes 3 meats and 3 accompaniments. Juggling is required on the grill. Set marinated ingredients out from refrigerator 20-30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Chicken: At least 1 hr. (up to 8) in sealable plastic bag, marinate 1 lb. boneless chicken with 1 tsp. grated lemon zest, 1/2 c. lemon juice, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp. oregano and cracked black pepper. Grill 30-35 minutes turning 4 times.
- Baby Back Pork Ribs: Wrap 2-3 lb. ribs sprinkled with chili powder and pepper in heavy duty foil. Bake at 325 for 1 hr. Grill 12 -15 minutes until tender and crisp. Cut into 4 portions.
- Bratwurst: In sealable plastic bag, marinate 4 links with 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, 2 tsp. mustard, 1/2 tsp. ground ginger and 3/4 c. apple juice. Grill 3 minutes per side until well browned.
- Corn: Husk and remove silk. Brush 4 ears lightly with butter. Grill 20 minutes turning as needed. Brush with additional butter if desired.
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- Romaine: Split 2 lettuce lengthwise. Brush with olive oil. Grill one side about 2 minutes; turn. Grill. Sprinkle with pepper, garlic salt, and shredded Romano cheese.
- Tomatoes: 2-3 tomatoes cut in 1/2-thick slices. Brush with melted butter and dust with dill weed. Grill 3-5 minutes turning once until tender and juicy.
- 4 Servings