Mint Chocolate Chip Cheese PiePfaltzgraff 2010 Calendar
March Featured Recipe
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheese Pie
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust (6 oz.)
- 2 pkg. (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 drops green food color
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. flour
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk until mixture is creamy smooth.
Add egg, extracts and food color.
Toss 1 cup chips with flour. Stir into cheese mixture. Pour into pie crust.
Bake at 350º for 35 minutes until center springs back when touched. Cool.
Meanwhile, melt 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips and mix with heavy cream. Cook and stir until thickened and smooth. Immediately spread over pie. Serve chilled.
Adapted from recipe submitted by: Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, PA