Mint Chocolate Chip Cheese PiePfaltzgraff 2011 Calendar
March Featured Recipe
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust, 6 oz.
- 2 pkg. (3 oz. ea.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 drops green food color
- 1-1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp flour
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk until mixture is creamy smooth. Add egg, extracts and food color.
Toss 1 cup chocolate chips with flour. Stir into cheese mixture. Pour into pie crust.
Bake at 350º F for 35 minutes until center springs back when touched. Allow to cool.
Meanwhile, melt 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips and mix with heavy cream. Cook and stir until thickened and smooth. Immediately spread over pie.
Adapted from a recipe submitted by Mary Ann Dell of Phoenixville, PA