This creamy soup is the perfect start to an autumn meal. The addition of rosemary creates a fragrant, unexpected touch.
Butternut Squash Soup
Recipe by Food Stylist, Janine KalesisJanineStyles.com
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled & diced
- 1 cup white onion, diced small
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, plus more for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a large sauté pan on medium. Add 1 tablespoon of oil, diced onion, and rosemary. Season with salt and cook until the onion is translucent about 5 minutes.
- Remove onion and rosemary from the pan and set aside.
- To the same pan add 1 cup chicken stock, diced butternut squash, and salt. Cover and cook on medium high heat until fork tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add onions and butternut squash in batches to the blender. Add the remaining stock to thin out the consistency. Add the remaining olive oil and purée until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.