Featuring Villa della Luna
Villa della Luna is a beautiful collection of dinnerware, serveware and accessories based on the book "Dancing with the Moon, a Story of Love at the Villa della Luna" by Jana Kolpen and Mary Tiegreen. The centuries-old traditions of Italian ceramics are honored by the colors, designs and craftsmanship of each piece.
Villa della Luna
Stoneware is a hard, durable ceramic made of light-colored clay typically fired at over 2200° F. It is opaque and porous. Stoneware dinnerware tends to be thicker and heavier than porcelain or china. It can be glazed in a wide variety of colors and finishes (matte, satin and shiny) for diverse designs.
Wondering about how to warm and bake foods in your stoneware?
Pfaltzgraff stoneware is microwave, conventional oven, freezer and dishwasher safe. We suggest the following when baking in your stoneware:
- Do not subject your stoneware to sudden or extreme temperature changes. Start your oven no higher than 225°F for the first 10 minutes, then increase to desired temperature.
- Do not place hot dishes on a wet surface or handle with a wet cloth. The hot dish may break when touching the colder water.
- Do not place stoneware on direct heat, in the broiler, or under a microwave browning element.
- Always use a padded mitt when removing from the oven or microwave
- When warming in the microwave, use the stoneware piece that best fits the portion size. This way, all items will heat evenly and not cause "hot spots" in your stoneware that could lead to crazing and cracking.
Our most popular stoneware patterns